December 8, 2010

On the big screen


I've only seen four movies in my quest to watch 100 movies in one year, but I thought it would be a good idea to review the ones I've watched so far:

  1. Unstoppable, Nov. 16 -- 3 out of 5 stars. It's nice to watch a popcorn movie where the villain is not human, but a machine. Then again, maybe the real villain is just laziness.
  2. Broken English, Nov. 24 -- 3 out of 5 stars. Formulaic rom-com with an indie edge. The last third of the film is refreshing but comes too late.
  3. Don't Look Back (Ne Te Retourne Pas), Nov. 24 -- 3 out of 5 stars. A film about identity and self-discovery turns into a head scratcher.
  4. The Secret in Their Eyes, Dec. 4 -- 4.5 out of 5 stars. This film succeeds in the thrill of chase, pursuit of the truth and an ending that required me to see it again.
Only 96 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...