|My former motivation board in my old house|
And then I looked at other lists. At times, I was amazed at the depth of the tasks and thinking I wish I had as much money and time as these people have to do work on their lists. However, there was also a sense of accomplishment for me when I saw items that people were trying to achieve for the first time that I've already done:
- Buy a new car: At age 23 with the car I have now.
- Write articles for a large publication: I'm a journalist, so that's a bit unfair.
- Ride a horse: I did take pony rides as a kid.
- Try a hot yoga class: Did it once, but it was the music that bothered me, not the heat.
- Lose 50 pounds: Did that last year and I'm trying my best to keep it off.
- Learn to belly dance: I've been dancing for two years.
- Go out to dinner alone: This is a frequent occurrence.
- Sing karaoke: Give me a song by Blondie, and I'll sing the heck out of it.
- Stage a performance: I've done two post-academic performances.
- Meet your favorite Hollywood star: Going to film festivals has given me the chance to meet great people, my favorites and my new favorites.
- Sell something you have created: I have sold four digital media works and jewelry creations.
- Eat Ethiopian food: While visiting a friend in D.C.
- Quit a job you hate: My first job as a telemarketer, lasted four months.
- Attend the midnight screening of a blockbuster movie on the day it opens: The first Harry Potter movie on my 21st birthday.
- Make cinnamon rolls from scratch: It took forever, but I did make a Cooking Light version of pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
- Go to a major sporting event: I've been to a NIT semifinal game and I have been to the Masters (working at the concessions stand, but I was there).